"The ultimate aim of Karate lies not in victory or defeat, but in the perfection of the character of its participants." -- Gichin Funakoshi

Sunday, June 03, 2007

coming clean

It's time to 'fess up. I haven't done a single pushup outside of class since we went on vacation. Until this morning. I just did 50 pushups (which covers comments posted in that time period and then some) and 20 crunches as added penance. Not all in one stream of motion, mind you. It went something like this:

20 pushups, catch my breath,
20 crunches, catch my breath,
15 pushups, lie face down on the floor begging for death,
10 pushups, lie face down on the floor berating myself for insisting on so many after going so long without doing any,
5 pushups, lie flat until the cat climbs on my chest to check for a pulse.

I'm going to do better. No more putting it off. From now on, pushups are a part of my morning routine - get up, check in to see how many I owe, pump 'em out, hit the shower.

* * *
In other news, Becky tagged me for the restaurant meme, but I already did this one on my other blog, so I'll just link to that. As far as tagging is concerned, if you have not done this meme and you want to, consider yourself tagged. There.

* * *

4 comments:

Silverstar said...

Have you ever tried doing the pushups where you clap your hands together in between sets.
I have trouble with them and was wondering if I'm the only one.

Becky G said...

Sheesh, and you are the one who tagged me for it! I didn't make the connection that you authored both blogs.

How do you do your pushups? I struggle to get through 10. I know I couldn't do 50. And Silverstar, I can't do those at all, so you are not the only one.

Steve said...

Glad you're back on the wagon and doing your pushups!

Mir said...

Take care with your push ups.. and make sure that you balance the work load on the various shoulder muscles so that you do not get sore.