"The ultimate aim of Karate lies not in victory or defeat, but in the perfection of the character of its participants." -- Gichin Funakoshi

Saturday, August 04, 2007

I could get used to this

Remember that leisurely stroll around the neighborhood that Sensei-Hubby and I took a couple of weeks ago? We've decided to make a habit of it. Sunday, Monday, Wednesday, and Friday nights after supper. That same loop around town. Approximately 3.5 miles round-trip. Throwing in some running at the end (planning to gradually increase the distance ran).

And I'm loving it.

I love spending that hour with Sensei-Hubby, talking about our days and whatever randomly pops into our heads as we walk around town. I love collapsing on the couch with our water bottles and finding something we've TiVo'd to watch together while we recouperate. I love having the energy to stay up and play video games or whatever, where before I would have fallen asleep on the couch until Hubby woke me up for bed. I love that I'm actually working toward a goal. And I love that Hubby is helping me to stay motivated.

I needed this. For so many reasons. And I love that I'm loving it.

3 comments:

Mathieu said...

How about two push-ups?

Kidding. Glad you're enjoying yourself.

Silverstar said...

Goals are always much easier when you have a supportive partner helping you reach them. Happy to hear about your progress.:)

frotoe said...

So did you take your written test?
How'd it go?