"The ultimate aim of Karate lies not in victory or defeat, but in the perfection of the character of its participants." -- Gichin Funakoshi

Saturday, December 02, 2006

I miss karate

I don't think I've actually trained in nearly a month. I had a miserable cold that turned into bronchitis right before Thanksgiving, and when I tried to run kata Monday night during kids' class, I ended up in a barking fit, so I couldn't do weapons night either. But I did get some good pics and video of the kids' class this week.


Let me just tell you, I love watching Hanshi working with the new students - especially the kids. He's just so much fun, but there's still this air about him that even a child understands demands respect.








1 comment:

Mir said...

I'm sorry to hear that you aren't feeling well. I hope that your cold clears up for the holidays.

You have taken some lovely pictures. Thank you for sharing them