"The ultimate aim of Karate lies not in victory or defeat, but in the perfection of the character of its participants." -- Gichin Funakoshi

Tuesday, January 16, 2007

I'm still here

I think it's been a month now since I've been to class. First I was sick. Then the dojo was closed for Christmas. Then Sensei-Hubby had the Vulcan death flu. Now it's a combination of lack of transportation (due to Sensei-Hubby's meetings this month), schedule conflicts (due to obligations with my job), and sheer laziness. Yes, you heard me. Laziness.

It's just so easy to stay home and rest. No hassle with laundry or grabbing something fast for supper. A nice leisurely night at home.

Don't get me wrong. I'm not quitting. I haven't lost interest. I think I just needed to take some time away from it for a while. I'm hoping I'll find myself enjoying it even more when I go back - and I WILL go back. This Thursday, barring catastrophe of one variety or another.

But now I'm nervous about going back. I'm due to test for 2nd kyu this month, but I really don't feel ready. Of course, staying home isn't exactly getting me ready, huh?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sure. I email Michael, then I think to check your blogs. I've not had the flu, but the lazies is definitely going around. I took Robby last night and sat in a chair for a while. Didn't do anything other than watch the other two classes. Oh well. I'm planning to be there Thursday too. Adult 7p class was CROWDED last night. I hope it's a little smaller tomorrow. See you then.

-Gary

frotoe said...

i know that feeling. it happens to me every holiday season. I am just starting to go back to classes on a regular basis. Its true that the hardest part of karate is getting in the car and getting your butt there..It always feels great once you are there, though. :)